|Photo from: Met Gala Twitter account|
Fashion's biggest night of the year; the Met Gala was held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York yesterday. This year's theme was China: Through the Looking Glass and guests were encouraged to dress in theme. Chinese billionaire, Silas Chou was this year's host of the $US25,000 a ticket affair but it is Vogue's editor-in-chief, Anna Wintour who oversees the star-studded guest list and has done so since 1995. This year's guest list certainly didn't disappoint. Some of the A-list attendees for 2015 were; Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Anne Hathaway, Kate Hudson, Sarah Jessica Parker, Reese Witherspoon and many others.
As always all eyes were on the red carpet to see what the celebrities were wearing. A lot of people have expressed their opinions on who they think was the best dressed this year but here are my top ten red carpet dresses from the 2015 Met Gala. I noticed red was a favourite this year, but I suppose that fits in with the Chinese theme doesn't it?
1. Reese Witherspoon in Jason Wu- This dress is just so classy and love the necklace too! Resse actually looks like a jewel. Apart from being one of my favourite Hollywood gals, she always seems to get it right fashion wise.
2. Kate Hudson in Michael Kors- Kate Hudson is another one of my Hollywood favourites! I love this dress! Love the colour! She looks like a trophy. Just beautiful!
3. Sofia Vergara in Marchesa- Sofia Vergara looks gorgeous in just about anything, but I love this dress because it's so elegant. The pattern on the front is what makes this dress I think.
4. Kendall Jenner in Calvin Klein- Now I'm not usually a fan of the Kardashian/Jenner clan but I have to give credit where it's due. Kendall Jenner looks smashing in this Calvin Klein number! It's a lovely colour and she just sparkles.
5. Selena Gomez in Vera Wang- Loving this dress on Selena! It is simple yet elegant.
6. Irina Shayk in Topshop- So in love with this dress! The colour is magnificent and definitely suits Irina also love the embroidery on the dress. It just shows you don't have to wear massively expensive designer brands to look stunning.
7. Lily Aldridge in House of Herrera- I just love the colour of this dress. It suits Lily so well! The opening on the front of the dress is just right. Lily's showing her best points, without revealing too much, unlike others (not mentioning any names LOL!)
8. Lizzy Caplan in Donna Karan- Again I just love the colour and how it looks on Lizzy.
9. Vanessa Hudgens in H&M- I just love the shine of this red dress. The black beading works perfectly as well! Vanessa Hudgens just looks so well put together in this number. Thumbs up for the dress from H&M as well! Another example of looking stunning, but not spending ridiculous amounts of money on the dress.
10. Emma Roberts in Ralph Lauren- Love the emerald green colour! It looks amazing and it's something different, without being tacky. Very classy also!
Well, there you go! That's my top ten red carpet dresses from the 2015 Met Gala. I don't often write fashion related articles, mostly because I usually don't have a clue what I'm talking about (haha!), but with the amount of celebrities who attend this event it overlaps with entertainment. Hope you all enjoyed it anyway!
Have you guys seen any fashion favourites or even faux pas from the Met Gala this year? Would love to know your thoughts so feel free to comment your little hearts out!
Above photos from: Met Gala Facebook page