Saturday, May 9, 2015

Had enough of hearing about the Kardashians? #KardBlock

Photo from: Kanga Real Estate Group's Pinterest account






If you haven't heard already, social media app developer James Shamsi has created an AdBlock version of the Kardashians called the #KardBlock. How does it work exactly? Well, if there's anything about the Kardashians on your newsfeed, the website you're on etc the app simply makes it disappear. 

"We're tired of logging on to any site and seeing stories of the Kardashian family overshadow REAL news. We don't care about who the Kardashians are or aren't sleeping with. We don't care that Kim dyed her hair blond. We don't care about the Kardashians. You won't ever know the stories about the Kardashians are there, because you won't ever see them. We are also working on customisation to block content related to Justin Bieber" the statement on the website says.

I'm an entertainment journalist and want to know a little secret?...I can't stand the Kardashian/Jenner clan either, but unfortunately sometimes I have to write about what they're doing so I'm probably not going to use the app myself but I'm guessing it will be a popular one. I did have a laugh when I read about it yesterday. I'm looking forward to this Justin Bieber blocking app as well, maybe it could be called #BiebBlock. I'm thinking a Miley Cyrus news blocking app should be next on the agenda?

Is anyone reading this going to use #KardBlock? Here's some food for thought! If you could create an app blocking a celebrity (besides the Kardashians) who would it be? Leave your comments in the box below!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions!