Sunday, August 2, 2015

STARDUST News Bytes- August 2

Photo from: Kristen White's Pinterest account 

I know it has been ages since I've done one of these! I really enjoy writing my weekly entertainment news wrap-ups, and I know people enjoy reading them, so here are some of the top entertainment news headlines from around the world...just in case you missed it!

Bobbi Kristina Brown has intimate memorial service
The late Bobbi Kristina Brown, daughter of music legend, Whitney Houston was laid to rest yesterday. The intimate memorial service focused on spirituality, family and of course music. The service was held at St. James United Methodist Church in Alpharetta, Georgia, and it included a loving tribute from Bobbi Kristina Brown's father, Bobby Brown. Many of the 22-year-old's relatives spoke at the memorial, including her aunt, Pat Houston and grandmother, Cissy Houston. A page in the memorial program featured a smiling picture of Brown with the caption "I also will always love you. Love, Daddy", this is a reference to Whitney Houston's popular song, I Will Always Love You. Despite a plea to attend the memorial service, Brown's ex, Nick Gordon was not there. "I loved Krissi with all my heart, and I am destroyed that she is gone and I need to say goodbye. Krissi loved me very much and she would want me there" Gordon wrote in a message to Brown's family. Bobbi Kristina Brown will be buried next to her mother, Whitney Houston in New Jersey on Monday.

Charlize Theron adopts baby girl
Charlize Theron has adopted a second child. A baby girl called August. The 39-year-old worked with an adoption agency for six months before adopting the African-American girl in July. Little August joins big brother, Jackson, 3, who Theron adopted from her native South Africa in 2012. The adoption comes just one month after Theron split from actor, Sean Penn.

Ashlee Simpson welcomes baby girl
 Keeping up with the theme of new celebrity babies, Ashlee Simpson and her husband, Evan Ross have welcomed the arrival of a baby girl on July 30. Simpson arrived at a Los Angeles hospital on Thursday just in time for her due date. The baby girl is the 30-year-old's second child. Her first child, Bronx Mowgli was with her ex-husband former Fall Out Boy bassist, Pete Wentz. 

Arnold Schwarzenegger celebrates 68th birthday
The Terminator star turned 68 years old on Thursday, and celebrated his birthday with his ex-wife, Maria Shriver in Beverly Hills. The pair had lunch at the Montage Hotel with their two daughters, Katherine and Christina. Schwarzenegger's son, Patrick instagrammed a shout out to his father. "68, and you're still bigger than me. When will you let me catch up?!? Happy birthday pops" he wrote. The former governor of California also took time out to record a special video for his fans. "I want to thank everyone for all the birthday wishes. I'm having the greatest time. My 68th birthday, wow. I'm in the gym working out, and now I'm going to have a little bit of lunch with my family, so hasta la vista, and have a great time , OK?" he said.

Kardashian sisters still call Caitlyn 'Bruce'
Khloe Kardashian admitted on Australia's The Project that her family are still adjusting to Caitlyn Jenner's gender transition, including calling her by her new name. "We don't like to say Bruce is gone per se. We, my sisters and I, we will call Caitlyn 'Bruce', and we've been told that's completely fine. She has told us we are allowed to call her any name we want to, because on the phone when she calls me it's still the same voice as Bruce. If I'm not physically with her it's hard to remember in the moment that I'm talking to Caitlyn if that makes sense" the reality TV star explained. Kardashian mentioned that Caitlyn has accepted that she may sometimes still be referred to as Bruce Jenner.

Got any opinions, thoughts or comments on this week;s news bytes? Feel free to leave them in the comment box below!

Information compiled from: Entertainment Tonight 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions!