Thursday, August 27, 2015

The music tag

Photo from: Petra Cantu's Pinterest account

I was checking my e-mails today and I got a very surprising one. Fortunately it was a good kind of surprise. It was from a young reader of STARDUST who said she was a big fan of my blog and she wanted to pass this music tag onto me so I could answer her questions. I'm more than happy to oblige of course, so this one's especially for Kelly Blackman of New York, but it's also for all of you as well. Since this is an entertainment news blog it's also quite fitting, plus tags are always fun to do and y'all get the chance to know a little bit more about me. So let's start!

1) Which bands/artists do you own the most albums by?

Honestly, I don't really own any albums anymore. I have a lot of music on my iPod though. The artist I have the most songs of by far on my iPod is Michael Jackson (some of you won't be surprised at that response I know LOL!). I also have a lot of Katy Perry, Beyonce and Rihanna just to name a few.

2) What was the last song you listened to?

Higher Love by Steve Winwood

3) What's in your CD player right now?

I haven't owned a CD player in years to tell you the truth so none!...Sorry I couldn't have a more interesting answer for you there haha!

4) What was the last show you attended?

I went to see Katy Perry on her Prismatic Tour in December of last year with my best friend.
Photo taken by: Kim Ravia


5) What was the greatest show you've ever been to?

It has to be Kelly Clarkson, The Fray were the opening act for Kelly Clarkson when I went to see her and I love The Fray as well as Kelly, so it was extra special for me!

6) What's the worst show you've ever been to?

I can't say I've ever been to a bad concert, but I went to the Australian Idol grand final back in 2004, when I was about 16. I had fun but it was way too crowded for my liking, also I had to stand for hours so by the end of the night my feet were killing me! 

7) What's the most musically involved you have ever been?

I used to be in choirs when I was in primary school and high school and I used to be in the Australian Girls Choir. I love listening to music and I've always had a good ear for good music, but that's about it really.

8) What show are you looking forward to?

I'm not going to see anything in the near future unfortunately.

9) What is your favourite band t-shirt?

I have a Rihanna t-shirt that I wear all the time, mostly as PJ's though. I have two Michael Jackson t-shirts that I wear on occasion, but the Rihanna one is definitely my favourite!

10) What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?

Do they have to be alive? If not then that's an easy answer and will come as no surprise. It is of course Michael Jackson. Don't you think it would be awesome to get to chat to him for a day to find out where he got inspiration for his songs from, who HIS music idols were growing up and about how he dealt with the harder times in his life? I think he'd be such an interesting and fascinating person to have a conversation with! 
Photo from: Erin Weber's Pinterest account



11) What is one musician or group you wish would make a comeback?

The Spice Girls! I used to love them back in the 90's! (I'm showing my age here LOL!) I always wondered how kids/teens these days would take to them now.

Photo from: Kendall Sandoval's Pinterest account


12) Who is one band/artist you've never seen live but always wanted to?

I would say Michael Jackson. He would've been amazing to see in concert! Since it's a bit late for that my second choice is Beyonce. She would be awesome too! 
Photo from: Kara Sloan's Pinterest account 

13) Name four or more flawless albums:

Affirmation by Savage Garden

Dangerous by Michael Jackson

Prism by Katy Perry

1989 by Taylor Swift

14) How many music related videos/DVDs do you own?

I really like watching DVDs of concerts, especially those artists of whom I haven't had a chance to see their shows live so I actually own quite a few music DVDs. I own about 6.

15) How many concerts/shows have you been to, total?

7.

16) Who have you seen the most live?

I haven't been to see any artist more than once.

17) What is your favourite movie soundtrack?

Almost Famous for sure! It's not only my favourite movie, but it has awesome songs throughout as well. I guess that kind of makes sense though considering it's a film about a music journalist, right?

18) What was your last musical "phase" before you wisened up?

I used to be very much a pop music person, but in the last few years my music taste has gone a bit more R&B and rap. That being said though I still like my pop music as well just not as exclusively as before.

19) What's your "guilty pleasure" that you hate to admit to liking?

I'm not usually a fan of One Direction, but sometimes their songs are pretty good so I will admit I do have some of their songs on my iPod (shh!)

20) Who do you want to tag to answer these questions next?

Can I tag more than one person? I have a few people in mind who I know would give good answers to this! Danielle Brooks, Grecia Vargas, Dani Tes and Lauren Yeats.

Well, that was a ton of fun to do! Thanks once again to my reader, Kelly Blackman for nominating me to do it. I hope you like my answers!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions!