Sunday, September 14, 2014

My ALS Ice Bucket Challenge!

Photo from: Kim Kardashian's Facebook page


Hi everyone! I'm sure most of you have heard by now about the latest craze to take the world by storm. Yup! I'm talking about the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a charity fundraiser in order to raise money for ALS disease. ALS stands for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis disease. It is a motor neuron disease similar to MS, which ultimately results in death. Medications are used to reduce the symptoms of ALS but currently there is no cure for the disease.

The ALS Association is raising money for medical research to find a cure for the disease so many people have taken the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge to help raise funds for the cause. How it works is that a person is nominated by someone or you can nominate yourself to participate, you pour a bucket of ice water over your head and then you nominate three other people to to do it. The rule is that you must be filmed while doing the challenge and you must share it on social media to create awareness for the disease. Participants are generally required to complete their challenge within 24 hours of being nominated, I did my challenge a few days after being nominated though because I figured as long as I do the challenge and donate to the charity it shouldn't matter when I do it. If you are nominated but do not complete the challenge you are required to donate $100 to The ALS Association but if the challenge is accepted you are only required to donate $10 to The ALS Association. 

Many high-profile celebrities including Kim Kardashian, Kate Hudson, Nicole Kidman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Matt Damon, John Travolta and Victoria Beckham have all participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. That's not why I did it though. I actually think it's a great cause to find a cure for a very serious disease. I was nominated by my sister, Liat and I nominated two of my friends, Hannah and Lauren as well as Australian TV show host, Rove Mcmanus so let's hope they all accept their challenges haha! I am also going to donate to The ALS Association. Here's my ALS Ice Bucket Challenge video! Please excuse the profanities LOL! Don't forget to donate to the ALS Association at   http://www.alsa.org/ .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions!