Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Neighbours cast at Westfield Penrith

Photo taken by: Kim Ravia

I know this blog post is about a month overdue, and I've been a little MIA for the last few weeks but that will all be explained now. I just started doing some volunteer work a few days a week at the Salvation Army and I've had a lot on my plate recently with getting used to it so STARDUST was in the back of my mind for the past few weeks because I haven't had too much time for blogging. I have time now though and that's what matters. 

This blog entry is a bit of a special one, and hopefully it makes up for me not updating you guys with entertainment news for a while. As some of you may know it's Neighbours 30th anniversary this year and to celebrate that the cast of the show have been doing appearances at Westfields around the country.

On Saturday, the 20th of June some of the Neighbours cast did a meet-and greet in Sydney at Westfield Penrith. Scott McGregor (Mark Brennan), Tavis Burns (Tyler Brennan), Rebekah Elmaloglou (Terese Willis) and the legendary Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson) attended this particular one. As a massive fan of Neighbours I went along of course! It took me two hours to get to Penrith, but it was well worth it in the end.


Photo taken by: Kim Ravia

Unfortunately when I got to Westfield Penrith the line to get autographs, and meet the four of them personally was already at maximum capacity. (I got there an hour earlier than the time the cast was expected to arrive, and there were already close to 200 people waiting in line!) I managed to sneak into a good spot on the side of the stage to get some good photo opportunities though. It was great to go to a Neighbours meet-and-greet, because I actually hadn't been to one of those in such a long time. The cast don't often come up to Sydney since the show is filmed in Melbourne, so the last time I went to a Neighbours meet-and-greet was in 2003, when I was 15!


Photo taken by: Kim Ravia

Scott McGregor, Travis Burns, Rebekah Elmaloglou and Stefan Dennis did a bit of a Q&A with the fans. There were quite a few disabled people in wheelchairs who came out to see the cast, and the four of them got up from their chairs to meet these very special fans. I thought that was so touching. In a nutshell a two hour train trip well spent! 


  Video footage shot and edited by: Kim Ravia

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments and suggestions!